Digital & Social Media Marketing Manager
BOAT International is the World’s number one superyacht media, market intelligence and events organisation. We produce the leading luxury superyacht magazine, curate and deliver the World Superyacht Awards (the Oscars for superyachts) as well as delivering core industry events.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Digital & Social Media Marketing Manager to join the team to optimise our digital and social media activities. You will be data-driven and commercially-focused, motivated by seeing return on investment, performance and value growth. You will develop the social media strategy to deliver a dynamic content plan that drives high-quality website traffic and audience data acquisition to feed our sales funnels. You will be responsible for integrating paid-for brand partner and sponsored communications, our digital editorial content, promoting our events, products and services, managing live coverage where needed and engaging with our social media audience. You will also manage our own-brand digital ads across our media channels to generate enquiries and leads, ensuring that all activity is aligned with the Social Media content plan. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on digital and social media activity, working with our in-house Digital team. You will also conduct regular audience analysis to shape our business strategy.
This role requires a resilient and determined self-starter to bring strategic thinking, exceptional organisation and analytical skills. Some travel to major superyachting events and BOAT International curated events overseas will be required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
This is an exciting role where the successful applicant will be required to be at the core of everything we do and communicate. In this role, you will be working closely with all areas of the business to:
- Deliver the digital marketing strategy to drive brand awareness, website traffic and sales of our own-brand products and events, specifically through social media marketing and content marketing
- Own and drive content planning and deployment across all our social media channels
- Manage the and day-to-day activity on our social channels and ensuring our commercial deliverables are achieved
- Use our social media channels to drive newsletter subscribers in order to build our high-quality audience database
- Identify brand collaboration opportunities for marketing initiatives to increase awareness and drive high quality traffic and database growth
- Produce regular reporting on audience activity and analyse to make recommendations for optimisation and new business opportunities
- Interrogate and work with relevant audience insights to align content and marketing strategy with audience demands
- Manage and deploy client sponsored content and contractual requirements across our social media channels
- Manage own-brand promotional banners across our website and social media channels to feed conversion to database and sales funnels
- Analyse data, performance and optimisation across own-brand promotional banners and digital channel activity
- Produce guidelines for digital content for use across the business and with clients
- Live coverage of events and boat shows, utilising on-the-ground teams when remote coverage is required
- Regular / live channel monitoring and engagement where appropriate
- Devise highly targeted paid-for content marketing and own-brand promotional activity, working with the Digital and Editorial team, focusing on ROI
- Work with the in-house Creative and Production teams to create compelling visual assets to support our marketing and communications across our social media channels, where necessary
- Assist Senior Marketing and Communications Manager in the development and implementation of broader brand and product campaigns
- Assist Sponsorship and Marketing Manager in the implementation of event marketing campaigns, sponsorship and media partner obligations
- Monitor trends and developments across social media and digital marketing, both inside and outside the business to ensure we continue to evolve
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Be data-driven, motivated by insights and digital media performance
- At least three years’ digital marketing and social media experience
- Delivering digital marketing and social media strategies with proven ROI
- Experience in photo and video editing, as well as social media content loading without Agency support
- Proficient in Excel reporting and Powerpoint
- Have experience in working in publishing, digital media, subscriptions or marine
- Able to dissect large amounts of data to create audience insights and performance measures
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing techniques and awareness of the digital and social media landscape
- Exceptional attention to detail to deliver high quality and accurate content
- Have a strong understanding of brand identity and brand communications
- Be creative and a proficient copywriter who can quickly interpret long reads into suitable social media copy
- Be extremely organised, resilient and enthusiastic
- Excellent communicator
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we can provide an exciting career opportunity where personal growth and advancement is aligned to the rapid development of a fast-growing company.
Interested? Then please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining why you believe you are the right person for the role by clicking ‘submit’ below.